Get on the Gutenberg fast track
Way beyond an intro to Gutenberg
This course is made for DIY site owners who are serious about their site success.
You won’t waste time on overviews of a gazillion things you’ll never do.
You get fast, focused tutorials where you create real posts and pages you can use!
- Sandbox site – you’ll see how to easily clone your site so you can play safe and test your production site functions with Gute
- Step-by-step tutorials – with real-world application you can put to use immediately
- Skill builders – practice what you learn right away with steps in checklist form
You’ll get a deep dive into the top free specialty block suite plugins and how they radically extend your styling options.
You’ll also discover Gutenberg-only features that will blow you away.
And see new themes that are 100% Gutenberg-ready, including home pages made entirely of blocks that you layout any way you like!
You’ll be making snazzy:
- landing pages
- image carousels
- list posts
- cover images with text overlays and buttons
- home page layouts
- and so much more – in no time
You’ll easily be doing things you used to need paid plugins or a pro designer to help create.
What Gute Ninjas Are Saying
This course totally changed my attitude towards Gutenberg!
I was feeling really cranky about Gutenberg. It seemed clunky and non-intuitive, and I couldn’t get it to do what I wanted. Within just a few modules of starting this class, the light bulb came on and I began to see not only how robust Gutenberg already is, but also a bigger vision for where it’s taking us. Knowing how to use its more robust features is going to save me money I’d otherwise have spent on a website designer.
Elizabeth H. Cottrell
I saved 80% on my theme redesign
I had procrastinated over switching to Gutenberg and was dreading it. This course just walked me through it step-by-step and made me feel so less intimidated. It got me excited to tackle the redesign of my outdated theme and I used one that was reviewed in the course. The whole revamp, including the course and my developer’s time was significantly less than what I would have spent if I hadn’t been able to do most of the work of myself.
Become a Gutenberg Ninja
6 months access with deep discount on extensions, if needed
Why just 6 months at a time?
This course is so fast and so fun that I’m positive you’ll be inspired by all you can do with Gute that you’ll be excited to make the switch, and 6 months is plenty of time to do that!
- Real-world tutorials will have you creating posts and pages in minutes.
- Ideas galore – for how you can put Gute features to use immediately (and get rid of the plugins that deliver that function now)
- Time savers – you will flip when you see just how fast you can create posts, plus your own custom blocks and templates to use over and over
More Happy Gute Ninjas
Excellent Foundation with Real-World Relevant Examples
I wasn’t sure how I might like Gutenberg as a long-time WordPress user and service provider but MaAnna made the course easy to complete and now I’m excited about Gute! All the examples are real-world and relevant, not just silly exercises for the sake of doing them. I see this as a must-use course for DIY’ers and designer/developers alike. Why re-create the wheel when you can invest your time in quality training that gets you moving forward with the new technology FAST.
Excited about using blocks now
I was dreading switching to Gute but after taking this course it all makes sense to me now. I am actually excited about using blocks now and look forward to using them to add custom styling to my blog posts.
MaAnna’s tutorials are easy to follow
Moving to Gutenberg seemed really scary – big changes & everything moved. MaAnna’s tutorials were great for my visual learning needs. It was easy to follow, practice, and she’s available for questions. Thanks MaAnna – I’m ready to switch with confidence.
Gute made easy to understand, thank goodness!
I was not looking forward to switching to Gute then MaAnna’s course came along and changed everything. Her step-by-step instructions made Gute a piece of cake. This is a big thing for a non-techie like me.
Understanding Gute made fun and easy by MaAnna
I love how the course taught me both the big picture and all the unique characteristics. I would never have discovered all the little details on my own that add style to my pages and posts!
Gute can do everything I need and more!
I cloned my site to ensure that Gutenberg could do every thing I do now on my site. It can, and so much more! Now I can dump several specialty plugins that I won’t need, and even do those things better and faster than with the Classic Editor.
Become a Gutenberg Ninja
6 month access with deep discount on extensions, if needed
Gutenberg Editor Basics
Gutenberg Editor Tour
– Quick check of your most used tools
Create Your First Gutenberg Post
– The 3 blocks you’ll use the most – paragraph, heading, image
Bullet List and Blockquote Blocks
– These are different in Gute
– Every link type for text and images
Jump and Anchor Links
– Jump to sections on a page, or from other pages
Popular Gutenberg Blocks and Shortcuts
– Fast ways to find/add even more blocks
– Add color to a single word or groups of words
Create Your First Gutenberg Page
– Landing page with CTA and fancy layouts
Schedule Post for Future Publication
– Super tip on how to select day and time with the new interface
Images and Video
Edit or Change Images
– It’s a little different in Gute
Full Width and Wide Width Images
– Gute-only features
Cover Images and CTAs
– Image background Calls to Action with text links and buttons
– Display multiple images and overlay linked text on images
Hide Pinterest Image
– The easy HTML way that won’t disappear when you change themes
Embed Video Two Ways
– with oEmbed and iFrame
Columns Block Basics
– See the easy way to work with these nested blocks, plus vertical alignment options
List Page with Images Using Columns
– Great layout for bunches of posts on a single topic
Info Box Rows Using Columns
– Great for home pages – basic construction covered here
Related Posts in Columns
– Super for related posts, categories, or featured pages/posts
Media & Text Block – fantastic for CTAs and Optins
Media and Text Block
– includes adding image, text, button, and optin form
Group Block – nested blocks for complex layouts made easy
Reusable Blocks and Templates
Reusable Blocks Overview – powerful Gute-only feature for opt-ins, CTAs, more
Reusable Block Examples
Banner, Ad Gallery, Shortcode, and Widgets – so easy in Gute, no plugin required
Creation and Management – cookie cutter your landing pages and posts
Specialty Block Suites Overview – see the top free plugins for extending functions and styling options
Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg Blocks
Overview – install and configure
Section Block – like the Group block on steroids
- Basics – tons of styling options
- Tips and Tricks – more advanced options and quirks
- Pricing Table Example – easy and good looking
- Shop Tools with Affiliate Links Example – advanced nesting and multi columns
Post Grid – great for home page blog post layouts
Post Masonry – create a Pinterest layout look
Post Carousel – put a little motion on your post/page
Marketing Button – super eye-catching for your CTAs
Info Box – create 3 or 4 across info area with icons and text
Overview – preferred by Genesis
Container Block – nested blocks on steroids
Post Grid – fancy widget-looking layouts for recent/featured posts
See multiple examples of optins and pricing tables