Are You Making These SEO Mistakes?
90% of my new clients were making the same SEO mistakes and missing tons of free traffic.
All of them, every single one, was able to DIY their SEO and easily fix all of those mistakes.
Now they’re getting more site traffic – for free – all day, every day.
Are you making these same SEO mistakes?
Take this quick SEO assessment
Yoast SEO Plugin
- You have the Yoast SEO plugin installed, but none of the global settings configured.
- You’re only using the on-page content analysis tool for keywords.
- You’re still chasing that green dot of approval.
If this is you – you’re using SEO tactics that were outdated in 2013 and may be doing more SEO harm than good.
- You have short page titles so they fit in the navigation menu.
- You use redirects for your landing page permalinks so they’re shorter.
If this is you – you’re missing out on the best ways to tell Google what your site is about.
- You’re still focusing on keywords being in all the right places.
- You have no idea how Google’s AI is looking at your content.
- You don’t know how to decide whether you should delete or revamp old content.
- You republish content to make it come up on your homepage and go out on your RSS feed again
- You’re not sure how to optimize for Google images.
If this is you – you’re still doing keyword SEO like it’s 2013, missing opportunities or abusing the freshness algorithm, and missing the big push Google is putting on images right now.
Categories and Tags
- You don’t know why categories are more powerful than tags
- You’re telling Google to index both
- You don’t maximize either to help visitors find more of your content
If this is you – you’re missing ways to decrease bounce rate and increase time on site, both of which are ranking factors. You’re also missing important indexing clues to help Google understand more about what topics you cover.
Google Search Console
- You connected your site to it, but you never visit it
- You never submitted your XML sitemap, or have it submitted to more than one site version
- You are deleting old posts without any redirect strategy
- You are redirecting 404s to your home page
- You have no idea how broken links and 404 pages are affecting your SEO
- You can’t make any sense out of the new Search Console interface
If this is you – you’re missing out on all the invaluable help Google gives you to improve your SEO.
Lay a proper SEO foundation on your site
All these common SEO mistakes are easy to fix.
You can and should DIY your SEO.
As the content creator, you are the only one who can consistently improve your SEO.
SEO is more than a plugin – much more
But it’s easier to do than you think!
In fact, you’re already touching all of the places you could get more SEO every time you create a post or page on your site.
As the creator of your content, you can get more traffic by taking just a few seconds to enhance what you’re already doing.
Only you can get all 14 levels of SEO on every post and page on your site.
Ready to Get Your SEO On?
BlogAid’s SEO courses and workshops take you step-by-step.
They are created for non-geeks. You learn by doing.
Build your confidence. Know what you’re doing. Get free traffic.
You get all this!!!
DIY SEO Courses
Lay a proper SEO foundation.
Learn at your own pace with video tutorials on:
- Yoast SEO global settings
- Yoast SEO on-page module
- Content analysis
- Advanced menu settings
- Google connections
- Search Console new interface
Live workshops covering:
- Content and Images
- Categories and tags
- Voice search
- Deleting/revamping old content
- and so much more!